Tuesday, September 20, 2022

How to Move Through Portals of Possibility -- Even When You're Scared.

 Periodically throughout my sabbatical, I kept feeling as though I was passing through portals. Each time I would have the experience of energetically moving past a threshold where I could never return to the old ways. Call this consciousness growth, manifestation, soul evolution, or imaginary progress—to me, it has felt as real as the nose on my face. 


Today I moved through another portal. I did something that was brave, and scary, and vulnerable as hell. I submitted my book proposal and manuscript chapters for The Radiant Life Project to my first-choice publisher, Sounds True. The experience was visceral, and emotional, and energetically profound. I laughed and cried simultaneously in a somatic experience of joy-filled gratitude that I hardly expected. I felt surrounded by supportive frequencies I can’t even begin to describe, though I felt them rushing through and beyond me. It was a portal moment where I knew there would be no return. I stepped into a new world of possibility and potential that I had not previously had access to. I do not know what comes in kind with these seismic life-shifts. All I know for sure is that we must seize the opportunities to take them when they present.


We are not most limited by the lack of opportunities, or our personal flaws, or our lowly place on the food chain. No. We are most limited by our inaction. We must never cease our forward movement toward the beautiful and scary mysteries of our lives—no matter how insecure or afraid we may be. It is action itself that opens the portals of our future Selves and the potential that awaits each and every one of us. If we avoid action for fear or protection, we remain stagnant and sedentary like a body of water that has been still for too long. Our hearts, minds, bodies, and souls demand movement. There is no going back, but we do have a choice at what speed we move forward. By taking intentional aligned action, we walk through the portals of possibility that open for us, and propel ourselves into futures yet unimaginable. 


I have no idea what will happen with my book proposal to Sounds True. I diligently did my part, and then I released control like a flock of butterflies into the heavens. With my submittal, I handed the baton off to those next in line to take action. Whatever will be will be, and I’ll know that I held up my end of the deal by taking aligned action and moving through the portal.


Tell me about some of your portal moments. I would love to hear about them!

Stay in touch and check out my work 
here!

No comments:

Post a Comment